Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wants all the options, all the time.

I've become that girl.

That girl who really wants a solid relationship with someone but who is totally unwilling to put a significant amount of time or effort into making it happen.

I'm the girl who goes on like one date with someone and then doesn't return phone calls afterwards.  *cringe*  I hate those girls!

It's just that I'm so busy!  I have so much to do.  And see.  And experience.  I feel like I don't have time to catch someone up to speed on who I am or why I function the way I function.  Get this:  I went on a date with this guy recently and had a fairly nice time.  But when it came time to plan for a second date, I simply kept not finding the time to fit it into my schedule.  Which of course begat questions from him.  But because I was so uninterested in trying to explain all the weird details about my life, I just told him to google "enneagram type 7" and read the personality profile that came up.  Then I told him that I was scattered, undisciplined, and over-extended.  And believe it or not, he still asked if he could go on another date with me. What!

Here are the things I like: options, newness, and constant stimulation.  Which is why I love first dates!!  No one else like first dates, but I love them.  ...I just don't like second dates, because they aren't as new as first ones. "I've already met you and know your dog's name.  Time for a new stranger!!"

I know it makes no sense.  It makes absolutely no sense that my favorite dates are first dates, but that I also really want a long-term, stable relationship.  But I guess that just fits into my "I like options" statement from above.

1 comment:

  1. That is because you make it as exciting as a first date every date, and you simply haven't met another who matches that.

    ReplyDelete