Sunday, March 27, 2011

Note to self

I've realized recently that creativity and compassion flow more freely and easily in me when I don't have a partner.  Maybe that's because I function better solo, or maybe it's because I haven't found the right person to be with.  Either way, right now, I am my favorite manifestation of Mary that I've ever been. (Coincidentally, if I look back on my pattern of joyousness and depression, I find that I am always most joyous when single, and always most depressed when involved with someone).  And so, I want to remember how I'm feeling, what I'm doing, and why I'm living, and make sure that all those answers can be just as easily manifest in the next relationship I embark in.

It's the way you go nah nah nah,
M
Maybe I mentioned this in another blog post, but last summer, I had a conversation with AB and MM in which I told them I fully expected to die single.  That thought used to really scare me, but I've made peace with my life and my divorce, particularly over the past year or so.  And now, actually, the thought of being involved with someone from now til the day I die is suddenly really unappealing.  Of course, that could simply be due to the fact that I've mostly dated people who are obviously not good matches for me in the long run.  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment